The reviews on this website are based on the individuals own personal opinion(s), results may vary from person to person.
Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of Call Nature
* Scientific Studies
(1) Takarada K, Kimizuka R, Takahashi N, Honma K, Okuda K, Kato T. A comparison of the antibacterial efficacies of essential oils against oral pathogens. Department of Microbiology, Tokyo Dental College, 1-2-2 Masago, Mihama-ku, Chiba 261-8502, Japan. Oral Microbiol Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2004 Feb;19(1):61-4
(2) Shapiro S, Meier A, Guggenheim B. The antimicrobial activity of essential oils and essential oil components towards oral bacteria. University of Zurich, Switzerland. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 1994 Aug;9(4):202-8.
(3) Menezes SM, Cordeiro LN, Viana GS. Punica granatum (pomegranate) extract is active against dental plaque. J Herb Pharmacother. 2006;6(2):79-92.
(4) Sastravaha G, Yotnuengnit P, Booncong P, Sangtherapitikul P. Adjunctive periodontal treatment with Centella asiatica and Punica granatum extracts. A preliminary study. J Int Acad Periodontol. 2003 Oct;5(4):106-15.
(5) Sastravaha G, Gassmann G, Sangtherapitikul P, Grimm WD. Adjunctive periodontal treatment with Centella asiatica and Punica granatum extracts in supportive periodontal therapy. J Int Acad Periodontol. 2005
(6) 41. Aslam MN, Lansky EP, Varani J. Pomegranate as a cosmeceutical source: pomegranate fractions promote proliferation and procollagen synthesis and inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-1 production in human skin cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Feb 20;103(3):311-8.
(7) Walter J. Loesche, Microbiology of Dental Decay and Periodontal disease, Medical Microbiology. 4th Edition, chapter 99, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston; 1996.
(8) Babich H and Babich J P. "Sodium lauryl sulfate and triclosan: In vitro cytotoxicity studies with gingival cells" (May 16, 1997) 91(3):189-196.
(9) J Ethnopharmacol, Helichrysum italicum: from traditional use to scientific data. 2014;151(1):54-65. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.005. Epub 2013 Nov 14
(10) Sci Rep. Frankincense and myrrh suppress inflammation via regulation of the metabolic profiling and the MAPK signaling pathway 2015 Sep 2;5:13668. doi: 10.1038/srep13668.
(11) Manuel Viuda-Martos, Yolanda Ruiz Navajas, Elena Sánchez Zapata, Juana Fernández-López y José A. Pérez-Álvarez. "Antioxidant activity of essential oils of five spice plants widely used in a Mediterranean diet". Flavour and Fragrance Journal 25, 13-19, enero - febrero de 2010.